Ideally, I would be home to celebrate the holiday with my family, but alas. Plane tickets are fooking expensive, especially for a four day trip.
In light of not being home, Daria and I are making Thanksgiving dinner for our friends that cannot go home either. The (almost) vegetarians were sent to buy turkey for the carnivores. Intelligence. Our bird-eating friends get to eat pre-cooked turkey from Safeway.
Anyway. I just wanted make a post about the things I am thankful for. Here goes.
- My wonderful, supportive family whom I miss very much.
- My lovely friends, both here in Seattle and back in California. I love you guys.
- Whoever invented Skype. You have helped me feel less homesick for these past two years.
- Tea, Dink’s Deli, Trader Joe’s, (good) coffee—no explanation needed.
- University of Washington for providing students with great professors so we can get a quality education.
- Seattle for being an amazing city. I feel so lucky to have moved here. I have definitely been at my happiest here.
- And to some extent, I have to thank Tumblr. If it did not exist, I may not have met Daria who has quickly become a very good friend of mine.
There are so many things that I am incredibly thankful for, but I wanted to keep this short.
Appreciate what you have, kids. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, wherever you are.