SHORT- & LONG-TERM GOALS.
There is so much that I need and want to be doing. I am just so awful at getting these things off the ground even though I (usually) know full well how and why I can/should start doing them. I am tired of setting myself back. It is time to start getting my shit together.
- Figure out a regular exercise routine. I have been working in morning walks into my schedule, but I need to be doing more. I want and need to tone back up. I cannot seem to figure out whether I want this to be an on-my-own sort of thing or if I want people doing it with me. It boils down to clearing my head vs. (potentially) more motivation.
- Reading more news. As an aspiring journalist, it is damn embarrassing how little I read the news. I have been better about it as of late, but still. I could be doing better. I need to broaden my interests.
- Find more things that make me happy. My most recent discovery has been getting back into swing dancing. A lot of my happiness rests in seeing certain people, which is, in general a great thing. Lately, however, my relationships have become more tumultuous than usual. I just want to have more things to look forward to during my week.
- Spend more time doing things that I actually care about. I burn way too much time sitting on my computer. It is awful.
- Have more confidence in whatever it is I am doing. I have this awesome ability to tear myself down in mere minutes and I really need to break that habit. Badly.