I loathe packing. So here is what I did this weekend instead:
- Ran errands with my Lola and enjoyed listening to her talk about her “fashionista” days. (For those of you who do not know her: my Lola is still a fashionista, just in her graceful, older lady sort of way.)
- Ate tiramisu and belated birthday cake with my ginger, Halley, Madeline, and Amanda. We then drove to Pasadena to this surprisingly nice hookah bar and enjoyed tea, awkward flirting, and our usual great conversations. Also: Animal Fries.
- Went to the Getty to see the Klimt exhibit (finally). They may not have had his actual paintings, but even the guy’s sketches made me drip with jealousy. I also paid a visit to some of my favorite Impressionist paintings as well (I am looking at you, “Haystacks” and “Irises!”).
- Went to the Orange County Fair, which was basically ‘MURRCUH in a massive lot. Deep fried everything: Klondike bars, Kool-Aid, PB&J, and…veggies. Guess who ordered the veggies.
- Spent some quality time with my cousins of whom I never see enough. Lots of serious talks and me being a ham for the crowd. I also rediscovered my secret liking of Sanrio things. Tuxedo Sam (a penguin—who would have guessed?) is super cute. ._____.
- Continued to take advantage of my parents’ stove and made amazing lemon poppyseed pancakes with honey lemon syrup. Nom.
- Nommed bread with olive tapenade at one of my favorite local joints.
- Got a much needed hug from my Lola. I always miss her.
- Now, I am wandering around my house trying to break in my new boots and looking forward to having my ginger bring me coffee in the morning while Amanda visits.
And now I should go pack. D: