THE NICE BITS OF BEING HOME:
- Seeing my closest childhood friends and having ridiculous late-night talks in front of “our” Starbucks.
- Driving down to eat Cha Cha Chicken on the beach with two of my favorite people.
- Hanging out with My Old Man, who is indeed getting quite old.
- Spending time doing errands with my Lola, who is as spry as ever.
- Finally seeing my best friend for the first time in a year and having our usual reassuring long talks and driving around aimlessly.
- Hanging out with my cousins and doing “stupid things” and having serious conversations about life and relationships.
- The Getty Museum, which I will finally be going to on Saturday.
- Revisiting old haunts.
The not-so-nice bits:
- It is usually over 100º where I live. Jesus Christ in a waffle cone. I cannot deal with it. My only consolation is that it isn’t humid here.
- Kind of missing Seattle.