As of last night, my detox (finally) came to an end. So much Mexican food. Nom nom.
Anyway. Here are my feelings about this fifteen day beast of a diet and detox:
- Good things: eating way more vegetables than I had been used to, having more energy during the day, and I even managed to lose ten pounds! Thank goodness.
- Meh things: thankfully I did not buy a juicer as I quickly realized that juicing is not really my thing. I also began and ended the detox with fairly painful headaches.
So I came out of this thing ten pounds lighter and with many more vegetable recipes in my repertoire.
So here is the bigger question: would I ever juice detox again?
I am not going to say no. The green juice is certainly a great way to incorporate a variety of vegetables into a tolerable juice. I would not refuse to drink it. For me, I still prefer to actually eat the vegetables. Cooking is a huge part of my daily routine and shoving a bunch of fruits and veggies into a blender is not going to cut it.
Even though I had a difficult time with this detox, I am really glad I went through with it. I definitely think it is worth giving a try, even if it is for just five days.
To finish this thing off, here are my new health goals for the coming year at university:
- Continue losing weight not with the intention of getting skinny, but becoming a healthy individual.
- Significantly cut down on the carbs and cheese. Thai and Mexican food will be the obvious exceptions.
- Make time to exercise. Get to the gym and save up for a bike.
- Continue doing yoga. It is great for my body and for my mind.
- Eat at home more often and cook healthier foods. Kale and sweet potato “fries” are my new best friends.
So there you have it! Fifteen days of more veggies and a whole lot of bitching.
Thank you guys for all your support!