*SO THIS IS THE NEW YEAR.
Happy 2012, my dears.
New Year’s Eve was interesting, to say the least. This was the first year I did not celebrate with my family as I have for the last nineteen years. There was no lumpia, spaghetti, or egg soup. (This was a strange concept to me.)
Instead, I was surrounded by good friends and booze. My drinking stayed fairly classy and I managed to dance around in four inch heels all of the evening. Without going into too much detail, it was a very fun night…until I had to shepherd the drunklings, but that is a different story.
Now, winter quarter at UW has started and I have to be responsible again. Damn.
So, as my first post of 2012, I thought it only appropriate to type out a few of my goals for the year. As my goals are fairly broad, I feel that they might be a bit easier to tackle as opposed to the typical “lose fifteen pounds by spring” or whatever the hell New Year’s resolutions are supposed to be.
- Make being happy with myself (as opposed always making others happy first) more of a priority.
- Continue working at becoming healthy again. Healthier food and more yoga! With this goal in mind, I must also remember not to be too restricting. Indulgence is a good thing once in awhile.
- Decrease stress. See #1 and work on/complete school work earlier in the day.
- Reach for creative outlets more often than the internet. Being disconnected is a good thing.
- Take long walks more often and once I have a bicycle, go on bike rides.
That is all, really.
(*shameless Death Cab for Cutie reference)